Chris, Spencer's mom makes this really great Taco Casserole. Unfortunately if we follow the recipe it's really not that great for you. We love this dish so much though that we weren't willing to give it up. So after some experimenting we came up with a much lower calorie way to enjoy this yummy dish.
1 lb. ground turkey
1 can rotel
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 c. fat free sour cream
1 c. reduced fat cheddar cheese
3 c. of BAKED tortilla chips, broken up
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown the ground turkey. Pour the can of rotel and the taco seasoning into the meat and mix well.
3. Mix together the sour cream and the cheese.
4. Break 2 c. of BAKED tortilla chips in your hand and toss onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
5. Spread the meat mixture on top.
6. Spread the cheese/sour cream mixture on top of the meat.
7. Top with remaining 1 c. of baked tortilla chips, broken and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the chips start to brown.
Total calories per serving: 255 calories (6 servings per casserole)