I know, it's only fall and I have definitely and will continue to revel in that. It's beautiful, but today's post is about my favorite things at Christmas. I'm trying to narrow it down to 5 but seriously how is that possible with Christmas?
So, I'm going to be generic.
1. Christmas music: I like almost all shapes and forms of Christmas music. I like the old Perry Como classics as well as that insanely powerful vocals of Mariah Carey's Christmas album and acoustic sets such as Chris Rice's Christmas Living Room Sessions. The truth is, at Christmas time I pretty much listen to it all day every day. And "at Christmas time" starts whenever I decide. Sometimes it's in October, or November, or maybe even September.
2. Christmas gifts/shopping: We did the 5 Love Languages study in small group last year (loved that) and it turns out that I had a two way tie. One of my top two was gifts so naturally I love shopping for people at Christmas. I will spend more than I budgeted and buy anything I see that someone might like. It doesn't stop there though, I love wrapping them and insist that the only wrapping paper I buy matches the colors or theme of my trees. Lame? Maybe.
3. Christmas cookies: of all colors, shapes, and sizes. I LOVE sugar cookie cut-outs, gingerbread men, anything really. I'm like an old woman because I really do love cookie exchanges. I love getting Christmas goodies and I love giving them too. Yum!
4. Christmas trees: I have two but really want one of those tall, skinny, forest-y looking trees for the dining room this year. I keep checking craigslist and clearance but haven't found one yet. I like each tree to have matching theme/color ornaments. I love going to Christmas home shows and seeing how people with lots of money decorate their trees.
5. Christmas decor: My favorite things come from craft shows... another attribute of old women, I know but I can't help it. I really love them. My friend Brianna's mom makes stuff for craft shows and I've gotten a few (very few) things from her and love that stuff.
So there you have it. Even though it's only October, here are my favorite Christmas things.
Side note: I got to baptize one of our church girls yesterday morning. So awesome! She is such an awesome girl. I've enjoyed getting to know her so much and have loved watching her family come to know the Lord in the last year. Congrats Mandy!