Monday, October 25, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things... vacations!

Every other month or so it seems that I catch the "travel bug".  I suppose this is better than catching the flu bug but it's also more expensive.  I've never been the kind of person who thinks "home" is the best place to be.  I've loved traveling for as long as I can remember (my parents have distant memories of me screaming in the car seat for hours).  Since my dad is an immigrant my parents never felt bound to keep us home either.  Praise the Lord.  I traveled without my parents to 3 different mission trips (2 in Mexico and 1 in Romania) all before I turned 19.  My parents were wonderful to let me go so far away.

I've had the privilege of visiting a few different countries and several states as well.  So my "favorite things" list of places I've been so far from best to good are:

1.  Trinidad and Tobago- I have NEVER been to a more beautiful tropical place than T&T.  Think white sand beaches, palm, mango and banana trees everywhere and shark sandwiches right on the beach.  The weather is beautiful and water is turquoise!  If I were "getting away" for a relaxing vacation the first place I would stop is T&T.

2.  Scotland/England- this is definitely my favorite "tourist" vacation.  You can do anything you could think of in London from shopping, to museums, to the arts.  There are many sporting events and castles and natural landscapes to see through the UK.  The food is delish and the views are stunning.

3.  San Diego- I figured I had better choose at least a few stateside options.  I got to go to San Diego in high school and loved it.  The city is beautiful.  Coronado Island is straight out of a movie.  I loved everything about it from the people, to the shopping, to the accessibility to great shops and restaurants.  I think this is a great place to go.

4.  Chicago- Chicago is my favorite US city to date.  I know people who hate it.  I think they're silly (unless of course you hate it- you're not silly, you just haven't seen the light yet).  Chicago is bustling (which I love)!  The view at night is incredible and there are SO many museums to visit.  A great weekend getaway= Chicago.

5.  Colorado- nothing says RELAX like my great home state.  I'm partial to the Cuchara Valley area as that's where my aunt and uncle live and where my family has vacationed in cabins for years and years.  It is quiet, undisturbed, and simply serene. 

What are your faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment