I think we all have favorite things in the kitchen. Some people LOVE their appliances. Some people LOVE their cabinets, or flooring, or dishwasher or, I don't know but they love their kitchen. Well my kitchen is the size of a walk-in-closet. I mean that. It is! So the things I love in my kitchen are not big things.
1. Kitchen-aid Stand Mixer- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Spencer bought this for me the first Christmas we were married. We went out to look at Christmas lights and came home and it was just inside our apartment door. Thanks Brett and Nicole for hiding it from me!
2. Huge wooden spoons- I'm not talking about those $1 off-brand wooden spoons that can only be used to stir but not to sample because they are too shallow. I got the most fantastic Paula Deen wooden spoons. The "spoon" part of them is huge! I got a long one (for big pots of sauce and soups) and a short one for smaller amounts of sauces and hamburger etc. I don't even know what I'd do without those things.
3. The "Stuffing Bowl"- When my Grandma died almost 3 years ago we all got to choose something of hers to keep. I had requested the stuffing bowl from her long before she even got sick. The stuffing bowl doesn't look like anything special. It's a huge ceramic antique bowl. It's the stuffing bowl because each Thanksgiving Grandma would make homemade stuffing (which I don't even like) in this massive bowl. I think I love it for the memories most.
4. My Dishes- I know that seems lame. But I have a set of the most fantastic hand-painted dishes (dinner plates, salad plates, cereal bowls, and mugs) that I got from this little boutique shop at home. They were all wedding gifts. I can't get enough of them. They have the most fantastic Tuscan colors and just make me feel warm and fuzzy. Did I just say that about my dishes? Yes, yes I did.
5. Glass Pitchers- I don't know what it is about glass pitchers that I love, but I do love them. I've got 4 glass/ceramic pitchers. One holds all my big utensils, one is decorative, and the other two are used for festive drinks like lemonade and punch. I never would've bought them myself but am so glad to have them now.
What are you favorite "kitchen" things?