Tuesday, October 12, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things... blogs and websites

I'm an internet junkie.  It's true.  I spend my lunch break (like right now) reading blogs and interesting websites and such getting motivated to try new things etc.

So today my list is of some favorite blogs and websites.  You all probably know and use some of them yourselves.  But maybe you'll find some new hidden gem of a website that you never knew about.

1.  pioneerwoman.com- Secretly I wish I was this woman.  Living on a ranch, making homemade deliciousness everyday, traveling all over the US on book tours and BlogHer events; does that not sound fantastic?  I love her sarcasm, genuine nature, and most of all her recipes.  She has a great technique of using pictures to explain a recipe.  Each step is documented in photos which makes it easier to tell if what you're doing is turning out right.  Some of my favorite PW recipes include: Chicken Parmigiana, Enchiladas, Cinnamon Rolls, and Fried Chicken.

2.  thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com- This lady is so up my alley.  She buys things at Goodwill, garage sales, and Hobby Lobby clearance and makes things that look "Pottery Barn" worthy.  She has all sorts of tips and tricks up her sleeve.  I've started using some of them and can't wait to try more.

3.  ana-white.com- This lady gives "homemaker" a whole new definition.  Not only is she super mom, she also makes most of the furniture in her house.  Her website offers plans and prices for every piece of furniture she shows.

4.  heavenlyhomemakers.com- This is another fun one.  This gal actually lives in York, NE with her 4 boys and husband.  She homeschools, is super active in her church, is hostess with the mostest, AND cooks only organic, whole foods.  She shares recipes, menu plans, homeschool advice (which of course doesn't apply to me), and gives away lots of freebies.  Oh did I mention she also wrote her own preschool curriculum that our church bought and uses?

5. moneysavingmom.com- Again, I'm not a mom but this lady knows how to bargain shop.  They purchased their home WITH CASH, are devout followers of the Dave Ramsey way, they are minimalists in both wardrobe and lifestyle, AND she puts together all the store+coupon deals each week so I don't have to.

There you have it, my top faves.  What are yours?  I do LOVE a good blog.

1 comment:

  1. :) Thanks for sharing!! :) Here are some I frequent (for deals, giveaways and the like):
    midwestmoneysavingtips.com
    flbyu.blogspot.com
    passionforsavings.com
    bargainbriana.com
    nicolesnickels.com
    champagneliving.net

    ...Liz...

    ReplyDelete