Friday, February 5, 2010

Desert Song

"All of my life.  In every season.  You are still God.  I have a reason to sing.  I have a reason to worship."

I can't get these lyrics out of my head today.  I've heard the song a lot of time and yet for some reason today these words really stick.  It just amazes me that no matter what happens to us, around us, and in this world God is still God and that is reason enough to worship Him.  How great is it that we have been given the honor of praising Him?   Just a thought.

Found out today that my Grandpa B is in the hospital.  His heart stints slipped somehow.  Sounds like they'll need to be replaced sometime tomorrow.  This isn't a big deal medically.  But my grandpa is over 80 and on his own in Scotland (his sisters all live at least 7 hours away).  Please pray for him to handle surgery well.  I also ask that you ask God to continue to soften his heart.  My Grandpa is not a Christian.

Well not much to report today.  I worked all day.  It snowed another 5 inches (yes you read that correctly). My husband's at GORF.  StoneBridge took 100 junior highers which is awesome!

I made pancakes for dinner.  I should explain.  I came home from work and couldn't get in our driveway.  The plow and taken care of the road but in doing so it left a large pile of snow in front of our drive.  So I parked in front of the neighbors, put my boots on and went out to shovel.  30 minutes and a lot of sweat later the driveway was good and I could pull the car up and into the garage.  However, all this hard work made me want comfort food... breakfast food.  So pancakes it was.  Since it's just me and Sampson I made him two pancakes as well.  I even put peanut butter on them.  He loves me.

Calories DAILY TOTAL= 1371  Supper- 2 pancakes + 2 pieces of turkey bacon + 1/4 c. blueberry syrup= 586 calories.  Lunch- Healthy Choice meal+ fruit cup+ 2 brownie minis= 530.  Breakfast- 2 muffins= 240 cal.  Popsicle to cool off after scooping snow= 15 cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment