Thursday, February 18, 2010

Never quite catching my tail

Have you ever watched a dog run in circles in an attempt to get their tail?  My dog does this every once in awhile.  And I feel like I've been doing that the last two weeks as well.  Ok I don't really have a tail (obviously) however I've been constantly running in circles in an attempt to get all sorts of things done only to see that my to-do lists are just as long as always!  I have 4 lists at work right now.  I've accomplished nothing.  Maybe next week right?

Besides the fact that things have been busy we've been doing really well.  Today I slept in (LOVE IT) and then awhile later headed out to meet with the girl I mentor from the college.  We had a great time chatting and catching up.  It was very fun.  Then I got to see my friend Alyssa and pick up a few things from them. She and her husband Drew are moving to Lamar to take the youth ministry position there.  I think Lamar Christian Church is super lucky to have them and that they are super lucky to be there!  I went and got a smoothie at Scooter's, went to the library, and drove around town enjoying the sunny day after that!

I also spent some time thinking of some goals to accomplish:
1.  Repaint family room (color suggestions would be helpful, readers).  Spencer wants a warmer, darker color.  We have a dark tan sectional down there.

2.  Have dinner with a whole bunch of friends.

3.  Re-design kitchen and price that plan out.

4. Finalize payments and plans for our trip overseas.

5.  Buy a dark-wood trimmed round mirror for our bedroom.

6.  Get a pair of sweats like Alyssa was wearing today.

7.  Get new clogs.

8. Go bowling.

9. Keep working out (my legs are still killing me from plyometrics on Tuesday).

10.  Do something really special for my husband (suggestions are welcome here too).

One last thing,  I've written some about all the snow we've gotten and how much I've loathed it sometimes.  And then today I remembered this verse from Job 37:6-7 "He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'  So that all men he has made may know his work, he stops every man from his labor."

1 comment:

  1. I suggest Flair Custom Cabinets for your kitchen. We considered a more "major" remodel when we took out the wall and did the floor in our kitchen. As far as cabinets, they were VERY reasonable and likely much better quality than the other people we had come out (and they go to the church, owned by Steve and Sheryl Nass). We also love Millard Lumbers show room-- lots of cool ideas to walk around and see. We bought our bathroom cabinets/countertops there. Dave's dad is the VP there :)
    Love house stuff!!
    See you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete